Baking Homemade Bread
Now more than ever people around the world want to start baking homemade bread during the coronavirus lockdown, as people across the globe are at home and looking at ways to conserve cash and not leave there home now more than ever home cooking and baking is something that is becoming a reality to all of us.
We decided to pull together a few different recipes on baking bread during the coronavirus lockdown, disclaimer we haven’t tried all of these recipes so would love to hear your feedback or suggestions of other bread recipes.
Baking Basic Homemade Bread
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6-1/4 to 6-3/4 cups bread flour
Directions to bake homemade bread.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in warm water; let stand until bubbles form on the surface. Whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, salt, and 3 cups flour. Stir oil into yeast mixture; pour into the flour mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in 2 greased 9×5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 375° until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped or has reached an internal temperature of 200°, 30-35 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Baking Homemade Olive Bread
- Bread flour, 250g
- Salt, 1 level tsp
- Sugar, ½ tsp
- Yeast, 1 level tsp
- Warm water, 150ml
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp (and some for greasing)
- Olives, 6-10 (depends on how much you want)
- Fresh rosemary, just a spring or two
Directions to Bake Olive Bread at home.
- Put the flour, salt, sugar and yeast together in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Tear olives with your fingers (you can chop them up, if you’d prefer to) and add to the dough and mix well. Using your finger, make a dip in the dough and pour in the water and oil.
- Mix with a fork until its sticky. Lightly sieve the worktop with flour, and knead the dough on the table. Put back into the bowl, cover with a towel and leave in a warm place for 45-60 mins.
- Preheat oven at 210ºC Fan/ 230ºC/Gas 8
- Tear the dough into 8 small balls, put in a lined baking tray and grease the dough balls. Cook for 10 mins, until ready.
Buy Ingredients and Home Bread Maker
So the two recipes above look fairly straightforward to complete but you are probably thinking right, how am I going to bake this bread without the Ingredients while I am at home in the Coronavirus lockdown, Well we have been using Amazon to supply Ingredients – Click here to get some great prices and fast delivery from Amazon on Flour, Sugar, Salt, Yeast etc. below are our selection of top Bread Makers.
The Top 5 Baking Homemade Bread Makers
Morphy Richards Homebake Breadmaker 502001 White.
The number 1 Selling Bread Maker on Amazon.
- 14 programs including Gluten Free baking
- 2lb loaf capacity
- 3 crust settings
- Viewing window to monitor baking process
- Small footprint for easy storage
Mixing blade: None
Control mode: Mechanical timer control
Heating method: Electric heating tube
Material: STAINLESS STEEL
QWEASD Automatic Bread Machine, Intelligent Fast Breadmaker, Fully Automatic Touch 450W, LCD Screen
- 1. It takes only three steps to bake good bread, you can enjoy the delicious food, set the ingredients, set the panel, and you’re done. amazing taste, 18 major menu design.
- 2. The new fun mode launches a new creative menu to make homemade food at home. Safe non-stick coating, material safety, and intimate protection of the health of the whole family.
- 3. LCD display, the operation is clear at a glance, control the process at any time. Increase the observation window to make it easier to observe the bread. The membrane button control panel is waterproof and abrasion resistant.
- 4. High-grade colour steel body is scratch-resistant, durable and easy to clean.
Digital Bread Maker, Automatic Dough Kneading Machine, Home DIY Bread Machine Multi-Function Intelligent Bread Roaster
- Automatic Dough Kneading Machine
- Perfect for first-time bakers
- Multi-Function Intelligent Bread Roaster
- Sleek design and easy to follow LCD Display
Electric Bread Making Machine Multifunctional Smart Cake Bread Maker
- 15 hours long reservation function, one-button setting, automatic opening, direct appointment at night to have a good time, in the morning, there will be fragrant bread to eat.
- Upgrade the automatic sprinkling technology, control the feeding time by the microcomputer, automatically sprinkle the fruit at the appropriate time, and make the fruit bread in one step! Add some ingredients to the bread to make baking more fun!
- Power-off memory function for 15 minutes, sudden power failure during work? do not be afraid! Re-energize within 15 minutes, then let the bread machine continue to operate before the power failure
- Smart core precise temperature control, the temperature in the cavity is sensed by the sensor, the fermentation process controls the low temperature, and the baking phase remains uniform. Continuous firepower, lock temperature, 360 degree uniform baking, more uniform heat field, excellent baking and fermentation
Thanks for reading this post on how to bake homemade bread during the coronavirus lockdown, please check out our post on colouring in and keeping your children entertained part one from earlier this week and if you have any suggestions of stories & posts you would like to view on RobbiesBlog.com them please let me know by contacting us here.